Warning: Declaration of HeadwayTraditionalFonts::query_fonts() should be compatible with HeadwayWebFontProvider::query_fonts($sortby) in /nfs/c08/h05/mnt/153204/domains/danruhlanddesigns.com/html/wp-content/themes/drd/library/fonts/traditional-fonts.php on line 50
Warning: Declaration of HeadwayNavigationBlockOptions::modify_arguments($args) should be compatible with HeadwayVisualEditorPanelAPI::modify_arguments($args = false) in /nfs/c08/h05/mnt/153204/domains/danruhlanddesigns.com/html/wp-content/themes/drd/library/blocks/navigation/navigation.php on line 513
Warning: Declaration of HeadwayContentBlockOptions::modify_arguments($args) should be compatible with HeadwayVisualEditorPanelAPI::modify_arguments($args = false) in /nfs/c08/h05/mnt/153204/domains/danruhlanddesigns.com/html/wp-content/themes/drd/library/blocks/content/content.php on line 896
Warning: Declaration of HeadwayWidgetAreaBlockOptions::modify_arguments($args) should be compatible with HeadwayVisualEditorPanelAPI::modify_arguments($args = false) in /nfs/c08/h05/mnt/153204/domains/danruhlanddesigns.com/html/wp-content/themes/drd/library/blocks/widget-area/widget-area.php on line 131
Warning: Declaration of HeadwaySlideDeckBlockOptions::modify_arguments() should be compatible with HeadwayVisualEditorPanelAPI::modify_arguments($args = false) in /nfs/c08/h05/mnt/153204/domains/danruhlanddesigns.com/html/wp-content/themes/drd/library/blocks/slidedeck/slidedeck.php on line 178 Problem, Inspiration, Solution! | Dan Ruhland Designs
We had a beautiful multi-stemmed Cousa Dogwood in the center of our circular drive, which has been in decline, and finally died this past year. We were debating which type of tree to replace it with, and weren’t having much luck finding something of similar size and interest that wasn’t budget breaking.
Inspiration struck at the Philadelphia Flower Show.
This spring we went to the Philadelphia Flower Show for the first time. While there, inspiration struck! We saw this small fountain, which seemed like an appropriate addition to our farm. We did some research, and found a post fountain that was the right size and detailing for our property.
We had the tree cut down, and the stump removed in preparation.
The basin for the fountain was dug and lined. Clay from A Frog’s Dream did this work for us.
The spouts came in an Antiqued Brass finish, which seemed to fancy & fussy for our farm. I soaked them in acetone to remove the laquer finish, and rubbed them with steel wool. I then dipped them in Brown Antiquing Fluid to age them. They will continue to patina in the elements. This completely changed the look and feel of the fountain.
The fountain post being installed.
Here is the almost finished product. We still need the electrician to come wire an outlet, and have to plant all of the grasses!
Click here to see and hear a Video of the fountain in action!